The League of Women Voters of Scarsdale is a nonpartisan, political organization with a rich history spanning over 90 years in the Scarsdale community. We encourage you to join us as we work to promote democracy and political responsibility at the local, state and national levels through voter education, issue advocacy and the active participation of citizens.
- Film screening of "A River Returns: A History of the Bronx River" - Sunday, March 24 at 3PM-5PM in the SHS Little Theater
- LWVS General Membership Mtg/Consensus Mtg on the Proposed 2019-2020 Village Budget - Monday, April 8th at 10:30AM - Village Hall, 3rd floor
- LWVS Community Book Discussions - Thurs. April 25th at 10AM & 7PM - locations TBA
- LWVS Annual Meeting & Luncheon - Friday, May 10th at 10AM - Scarsdale Golf Club
- *DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! - SCHOOL BUDGET VOTE AND BOARD OF EDUCATION ELECTIONS - Tuesday, May 21st at the Middle School - Polls open 7AM - 9PM
- Early voting
- Same day voter registration
- No-excuse absentee voting
- Pre-registration of 16 and 17 year olds
- Primary consolidation
- State-wide voter registration transfer
- Closure of the LLC loophole
Read more on our Advocacy and Action page
- Interested in "Where Your Scarsdale Property Tax Dollars Go?" Take a look at the slide presentation from the recent informational event co-sponsored by the LWVS and the Scarsdale Forum
- Curious About Who's Representing You in National, State, County and Local Government? Check out the LWV They Represent You brochure - May 2018 available online.
- LWVS March/April 2019 Bulletin available online. Read it now.
- FEBRUARY 2019 ISSUE OF LWVNYS State Voter NOW AVAILABLE: Check out what is happening in the League on the state level with the most recent copy of the LWVNYS State Voter.
- Go to LWV Voters Guide 2018 - Part I for more voting information.
- The LWVS is proud to release its newly updated version of This is Scarsdale. This comprehensive community resource directory contains vital information on many facets of life in Scarsdale for both new comers and established residents.
- "Victory Postponed. Regular Meeting Next Thursday"...read the interesting story of Scarsdale's Suffragists
Madelaine Eppenstein, Scarsdale Procedure Committee Chair (left), and Diane Baylor, LWVS Village Election Portfolio Chair, after the League's public information meeting on the recent CNC election.
Wendy Grendel, Chair of SBNC Administrative Committee (left), and Elissa Ruback, chair of the League School Election portfolio at the LWVS Information/Consensus meeting on the SBNC Election
LWVS Board member, Cindy Dunne, and Annual Luncheon 2018 speaker, Andy Weber, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Defense Programs under President Barak Obama
LWVS Co-President, Janice Starr, and Jane Veron, Village Trustee and former LWVS President, at the 2018 LWVS Annual Luncheon
LWVS's Deb Morel, Joan Frankle and Amy Cooper at the United Nations
LWVS's June Reidenburg handing out literature to new American citizens at Naturalization Court
LWVS's Lisa Eisenstein and Diane Greenwald teaching Scarsdale students about the history of voting rights
2016 Food For Thought Luncheon, L-R: Mary Beth Evans, Renee Baylor, Diane Baylor
LWVS's 2017 Food For Thought Luncheon