LWVS 2018 SCHOOL BOND CONSENSUS STATEMENT
LWVS 2018 SCHOOL BOND INFORMATION SESSION VIDEO
Goals of League Study
In June 2017 the League Board approved the formation of a LWVS School Facilities Bond Study Committee with the following goals:
- To provide League membership with the informed perspective needed to evaluate the District's Facilities Bond proposal and to participate in a League consensus meeting;
- To inform League members about opportunities for public engagement in the school facilities bond proposal decision-making process; and
- To provide relevant background and draft questions for the League Board to consider sending to the School Board & Administration in preparation for a public information meeting, and to draft League consensus meeting discussion questions.
League Study Committee Research
The Committee has since been gathering information on the proposed projects and scope of the bond, with a focus on three main study areas:
(1) Educational value;
(2) Costs/fiscal responsibility; and
(3) The process for community engagement and input.
Members of the Study Committee have attended all public meetings on the proposed school bond since May 2017 and have also reviewed all District 2017 Bond Planning documents and related School Board meeting videos dating back to the start of the bond process in 2014.
League Questions and Statements at Public Meetings on the Proposed School Bond
- The Committee has raised numerous clarifying questions on the proposed school bond at public meetings. View our questions
- On July 6, 2017, the Committee addressed the Board of Education with a statement regarding the League study process. Read our statement
- On September 25, 2017, the League Board issued a statement to the Board of Education regarding the District's bond process and community input. Read the League Board statement
- On November 6, the League Board issued a statement to the Board of Education on the bond process. Read our statement
- On December 4, the League Board issued a statement to the Board of Education on the bond process. Read our statement
District Administration Responses to LWVS Study Committee Questions
Local Media Coverage