Apply in English
Apply in Spanish
Apply by mail. Send request to your county board of elections. Find the address here.
The request must contain:
- the address where you are registered
- an address where the ballot is to be sent
- the reason for the request, and
- the signature of the voter
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot:
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A patient or inmate in a Veterans' Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
More Absentee Ballot Information