Qualifications to Register to Vote in New York State
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Apply in English
Apply in Spanish
Apply by mail. Send request to your county board of elections. Find the address here.
The request must contain:
- the address where you are registered
- an address where the ballot is to be sent
- the reason for the request, and
- the signature of the voter
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot:
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A patient or inmate in a Veterans' Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
More Absentee Ballot Information
2017 SCARSDALE VILLAGE ELECTION
Election date is Tues., Mar. 21st
- Register in person at Westchester Board of Elections by Friday March 10th
- Polls will be open at the Scarsdale Public Library, 54 Olmsted Rd, from 6am - 9am and from 12pm - 9pm.