TUESDAY, NOV. 7, 2017
OFFICES ON THE BALLOT
QUESTIONS ON THE BALLOT
- County Executive
- Head of the executive branch of Westchester County government
- Power to veto acts of the Westchester Board of Legislators
- County Clerk
- Manages County land records
- Clerk of Supreme and Westchester County courts
- Facilitates passport applications and naturalization of new citizens
- All County Legislators
- Law-making branch of County government
- Oversight responsibility of the executive branch
- Allocates money needed to operate County programs and services
- Proposal 1 would call for a constitutional convention to explore proposals for changes to the state constitution.
- Proposal 2 would allow judges to reduce or revoke the state pension of a public officer convicted of a felony related to his or her duties.
- Proposal 3 would create a 250-acre land bank, which would allow local governments to request forest preserve land for projects in exchange for the state acquiring 250 acres for the forest preserves.
Preparing to Vote
GENERAL ELECTION - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7
- Register in person by Friday, October 13
- Register by mail: Postmarked by Friday, October 13 and received by October 18
- Apply for absentee ballot in person by Monday, November 6
- Apply for absentee ballot by mail: postmarked by Tuesday, October 31
- Deliver ballot in person by Tuesday, November 7
- Deliver ballot by mail: postmarked by Monday, November 6 and received by Saturday, November 15
- Register to vote
- Get an absentee ballot
- See who is running
PREPARING TO VOTE
UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
ELECTION PROTECTION - Trouble voting? Suspect a problem? Call these hotlines to speak to a trained Election Protection volunteer.