SCARSDALE SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION
AND BUDGET VOTE
TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2019
Polls will be open at the Scarsdale Middle School Gyms - 134 Mamaroneck Rd. Scarsdale
7am - 9pm
BE SURE THAT YOU ARE REGISTERED NOW SO THAT YOU MAY
VOTE ON THE SCARSDALE SCHOOLS PROPOSED 2019-2020 BUDGET AND SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION
Westchester County registration-by-mail forms are available in the main office of every school.
You may also access the form at http://citizenparticipation.westchestergov.com/register-to-vote. Anyone who delivers or mails one of these registration forms to the County Board of Elections will be registered with Westchester County and also considered to be registered with the school district. Mailed registration forms must be received by the County Board of Elections in time to be processed by May 21, 2019, the date of the vote.
In addition, anyone may register for school district voting with the School District's Board of
Registration at the offices of the Board of Education located in the High School (Brewster Road
side of the school) on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m OR
Thursday, May 16, 2019 - between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION AT THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OFFICE IS MAY 16, 2019.
APPLICATIONS FOR ABSENTEE BALLOTS MAY BE COMPLETED
ABSENTEE BALLOTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2019.
1. Anyone who is registered and will not be in Westchester County
for the vote on May 21,
2019, may apply for an absentee ballot by e-mail or regular mail, or in person. Application
forms are immediately available
from Honore Adams, District Clerk, in the Board of
Education offices in the High School (721-2410 or email@example.com
). The absentee ballots will not
be available until after Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
2. If the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, the voter must return the completed application in
time for it to be received by the Clerk seven days before the vote (Tuesday, May 14, 2019).
3. If completed applications are delivered personally, they must be received by the District
Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the vote, Monday, May 20, 2019.
4. All absentee ballots must be delivered to the Clerk's office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day
of the vote (Tuesday, May 21, 2019).
Qualifications to Register to Vote in New York State
Absentee Ballot Information
You are eligible for an ABSENTEE BALLOT if:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
- Am I already registered?
- Register by mail in English
- Register by mail in Spanish
- Register in person at your County Board of Elections
- Register online through the DMV
- Other ways to register in NY
- Registering outside of NY
o You will be absent from the County on Election Day; OR
o You are unable to go to the polls because of an illness or disability, or
because you are the primary care giver of someone who is ill or
physically disabled; OR
o You are a patient or inmate in a Veterans' Administration Hospital; OR
o You are in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or in prison after conviction for
an offense other than
Go to LWV They Represent You brochure - May 2019 to see who represents you in national, state, county and local governments
Go to NYS Voter Registration Search to check your voter registration status and find your polling place.
Go to LWV Voters Guide 2018 - Part I - Facts for Voters and
LWV Voters Guide 2018 - Part II - Candidates Information for more voting information.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
STUDENT VOTING INFO
- Trouble voting? Suspect a problem? Call these hotlines
to speak to a trained Election Protection volunteer.
- New York State Board of Elections website - Provides valuable information regarding New York voter registration, absentee ballots, voting machines, changing your name or address, election results and much more. It also provides an overview of voter laws, campaign finance and the New York political calendar.
- Westchester County Board of Elections website - Provides local information regarding Westchester County. It also provides local contact information for specific voter questions regarding registration and absentee voting. The office is located at 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains where there are staff available to answer questions as well as all documents that you might need to address your voting questions.
- For questions contact Scarsdale League Voter Services at VoterService@lwvs.org