"Lower voter participation is a silent threat to our democracy...It under-represents young people, the poor, the disabled, those with little education, minorities and you and me...."Democracy Depends on You -- One Voter at a Time
Nancy Neuman, former President of the League of Women Voters
General Election Day
General Election Day
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Follow this link to find your polling location, your political party designation, your voter status and voter districts
Early Voting: **New for 2019**
- October 11, 2019, Last day to postmark voter registration form or to register in person
- October 29, 2019, Last day to postmark application for absentee ballot
- November 4, 2019, Last day to apply in person for absentee ballot
- November 4, 2019, Last day to postmark absentee ballot for election
- November 5, 2019, Last day to deliver absentee ballot in person to County Board of Elections
NYS Voter Registration Information
Qualifications to Register to Vote in New York State
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
To see if you are already registered, follow this link to the NYS Voter Registration Database Search
Methods to register to vote or to enroll/change/update your political party or other aspect of your registration:
Other Useful Links
STUDENT VOTING INFO
If you have trouble voting or suspect a problem, call these hotlines to speak to a trained Election Protection volunteer.
NYS VOTING REFORMS
- Call 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) or visit 866OurVote.Org.
- Call 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682) for bilingual assistance in Spanish.
- Call 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683) for bilingual assistance in English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Urdu, Hindi, and Bengali.