School Budget Vote and School Board Election
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
In-person voting from 7 am to 9 pm
Scarsdale Congregational Church
1 Heathcote Road, in Dyckman Hall
All COVID-19 protocols set forth by the CDC for polling locations will be followed.
The proposed 2021-22 school budget will be subject to a vote and the names of all individuals who have successfully filed timely completed candidate petitions will be on the ballot for election to the two open School Board positions.
VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
To be qualified to register to vote in this election, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age by the date of the election,
- be a United States citizen,
- have continuously resided in the Scarsdale Public School District for a period of at least 30 days immediately preceding the date of the election,
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction,
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court, and
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
You are already eligible to vote if you meet either of the following criteria:
- You are registered with the Westchester County Board of Elections to vote in general elections, or
- You are registered to vote in the Scarsdale Public School District and have voted in a school election within the past four years.
Enter your information in the SUFSD Poll Place Finder/Am I Registered form to find out if you are already registered to vote in this election.
Two Ways to Register to Vote
- Register with the Westchester County Board of Elections for all general elections by either:
- completing and submit the online voter registration application with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, OR
- downloading and completing the printed voter registration form to submit in person or by mail to the Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601. Printed registration forms must be received by the County Board of Elections in time to be processed by Tuesday, May 18, 2021, the date of the election.
- Register with the Scarsdale Public School District for school elections only by making an appointment with the office of the District Clerk, Honore Adams, Scarsdale School District, 2 Brewster Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583, (914) 721-2410, firstname.lastname@example.org, to appear in person to complete a voter registration form. On the date and time of the scheduled appointment, visitors must use the Brewster Road entrance of the High School (by the auditorium) and check in with the safety monitor. Mask wearing is mandatory and COVID-19 protocols will be in place.
ABSENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION
Absentee ballot applications are now available for download. Completed absentee ballot applications may be submitted in person, by mail, or via email to the District Clerk, Honore Adams, Scarsdale School District, 2 Brewster Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583, (914) 721-2410, email@example.com, no earlier than Monday, April 19, 2021. All voters can still apply to vote by absentee ballot using the temporary illness clause if there is a risk of contracting a disease (such as COVID-19).
Reminders: Use only one side of the ballot and follow the voting instructions carefully. After completing the absentee ballot, fold and insert it into the official smaller brown envelope marked “election material” that you were provided and seal the envelope. The VOTER must fill out the front and reverse side of the envelope, signing and dating the outside of the smaller brown “election material” envelope where indicated. Then, place the sealed “election material” envelope into the outer larger brown mailing envelope that is addressed to the District Clerk. Be sure to include proper postage if returning by mail.
Thursday, May 13, 2021: Last day to complete and sign the Voter Registration form in person with the District Clerk, Honore Adams, at 2 Brewster Road during regular business hours by appointment only.
Monday, April 19, 2021: First day the District Clerk can receive applications for absentee ballots by appointment only .
Tuesday, May 11, 2021: Last day for the District Clerk to receive a completed absentee ballot application if the voter requests that the absentee ballot be sent to the voter via mail.
Monday, May 17, 2021: Last day for the voter to appear in person before the District Clerk (by 5 pm by appointment only) to submit a completed absentee ballot application and be provided the actual absentee ballot.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 (School Election Day): Last day for the District Clerk to receive completed absentee ballots by mail or in person by 5 pm by appointment only.
College students may vote in the School District Election if they are registered to vote at the Scarsdale address in which they are living. College students who are registered to vote where they are attending college may not vote in the School District Election.
Follow this link to the District Clerk’s Voter Information page.
For additional questions regarding the School Budget Vote and School Board Election, please contact the LWVS Voter Service Chairs.